Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sunday Church

This past Sunday, I had the honor of preaching at the First Christian Church of Balan (okay, the First part is just a joke, we're the Balan Christian Church). I preached on the Beatitudes, which will lead into a sermon series from the Sermon on the Mount because...Lionel, the Haitian pastor, asked me if I would like to start preaching every other week. I must have done at least a decent job, otherwise he would have said something like, "You said you went to Bible college?"

Actually, I was pretty amazed at how well it really went. Not only did my preaching go well, but we had a record 105 people there on Sunday. It was awesome! I'm looking into the cost of some new benches, so people can stop bringing their own chairs!

It was comforting to know that people were praying for me. I found out today that our church in Joplin prayed specifically for me on Sunday. Thanks FUMC!!

Next Sunday will be another great day at church. We're taking another trip to the lake, where three more people are going to be baptized! God is doing great things in Balan!

Eric

No comments: