Saturday, February 7, 2009

Fun Friday Night

Last night I made donuts. I have been thinking about it for a while, and finally decided to get on the internet and find out how to do it. I found a recipe, gathered together the necessary ingredients, and started making them.

I think they were a success. I've had better, but I am my own worst critic. Jennifer liked them, I think because they tasted good, but also because she didn't have to cook (although she did wash all of the dishes and clean up my mess). My kids loved them, and I took some downstairs to share with the staff. There weren't enough to take to all the kids downstairs...next time I'll plan ahead for that!

Here's a picture of our kids after breakfast today. You guessed it, leftover donuts. I think a couple of them went a little chocolate syrup crazy.



The best part of the whole donut making process was that it was some good family time. Our kids at one point were all standing at the table making their own little donuts, twisty-wistys (as they called them), and donut holes. It was one of the best family activities we have had in a long time!

If anyone has any donut recipes that they love, send them along. I'm going to keep trying different recipes until I find one that is phenomenal!

Until we fry again,
Eric

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture. Donuts are the perfect food you know. Highly nutritious and delicious. I can't believe Wilson has no chocolate on his mug. Ketchup maybe?

Anonymous said...

Did you use a fry daddy!!!